|This article is about Sienna as she appears in Vermintide. For Sienna in Vermintide 2, see Sienna Fuegonasus (Vermintide 2).|
The Bright Wizard is a hero character in Vermintide.
Sienna Fuegonasus is a fiery tempered Bright Wizard who roams the land in a constant search for opportunities to indulge herself in the ecstasy of pyromancy.
Blessed with a sharp intellect and a wicked sense of humour, Sienna will generally pass for a well-adjusted individual, as far as wizards go. Those who witness her in battle, however, will soon catch a glimpse of how deep her dependency on the adrenaline rush of pyromancy has taken her.
Sienna arrives in Ubersreik as the prisoner of a Witch Hunter, Victor Saltzpyre, and guarded by a former State Trooper, Markus Kruber. A trial indeed awaits, but of a different kind than they all expected.
“Actually, I find fire an excellent equaliser. Ashes seldom quibble.”
Sienna travelled to the Empire from her native Estalia when she was young. She was sent away from the village by her parents as vicious rumours whispered that their daughter was a witch. Sienna travelled with merchant caravans, slowly making her way across the Old World to Altdorf, where – she’d heard – wizards were forged.
With the help of a Grey Wizard, who Sienna grew to resent due to his treacherous nature, she finally arrived at the College of the Bright Order in Altdorf.
Sienna mastered the Lore of Fire in Altdorf, but it soon became abundantly clear that she lacked both passion and patience for scholarly pursuits. She could not stand the slow pace of College life, and instead, she felt a void inside her that could only be filled by the addictive rush of intense spell casting. Fire magic became Sienna’s drug of choice, and she realised that she was unquestionably an addict. Accepting this fact, she decided to blaze her path through life, and has never looked back since.
Fellow Bright Wizards were wary of Fuegonasus’ temper and desire to always challenge herself to the extreme. She always strove to create the highest flame walls, the hottest fireballs or to summon the most impressive Conflagration of Doom. Her peers warned that the Wind of Aqshy was not something to play with, but Sienna saw it quite differently. She knew she needed the pyromaniacal rush of magic to not wither and die, so this was her way, and no other option would do.
Fuegonasus has since then wandered the world, always testing her powers but, as yet, always failed to find her limits and stave off her hunger for more.
Like many of the Bright College, Sienna has a fiery temper and is quick to anger, but there’s still room in her heart for morality and compassion. However, her addiction to fire magic is what truly shapes her life. She roams the land, offering her services as a battle wizard to anyone who can provide her with an opportunity to make things burn and get her adrenaline flowing.
Sienna harbours a wicked sense of humour that spans from the droll to the outright bawdy, but is at most times forced to wear a mask of calmness and control to hide her addiction. In the midst of battle, her facade frequently cracks, and one would have to be both deaf and blind to not notice the rush of magic power she exudes.
Sienna was aware of this problem. To gain further attention from the Witch Hunters was the last thing she needed. But recently, that is exactly what she got. Arrested under the suspicion of having killed the son of the Burgomeister of Ubersreik, and burning down his mill, she is now in the custody of Victor Saltzpyre, a veteran Witch Hunter. Saltzpyre has hired a skilled and experienced State Trooper, Markus Kruber to assist him in escorting the dangerous Bright Wizard to Ubersreik. Sienna returns to the town as a prisoner, ready to stand trial for a heinous crime, in the eyes of the Magistrates.
Being a Bright Wizard, Sienna is always seen with a Staff in her hand. The Staff is used to channel her magic, and she can choose from a selection of Staves that will focus her magic into different attacks ranging from a concentrated beam of intense fire to a large flame column bursting up from the ground. Sienna needs to keep herself in check though, or she risks immolating herself. Use too much magic and the flames will turn on her. For close range combat, she can use her Wizard Sword or Flaming Sword to hack, slash and burn through the Skaven, or opt for the Wizards Mace to bash armoured enemies into bloody submission.
- Mace An alternate to the sword, the mace provides a large amount of knock back so the Bright Wizard may keep a safe distance.
- Sword An excellent tool for controlling large groups of Skaven and slashing them into more manageable pieces, ready to be scavenged by the Bone Pickers of Ubersreik (should there be any left of them alive).
- Flaming Sword The Bright Wizard loves fire more than anything, and what better weapon to use when the winds of magic blow low, than her glorious and deadly flaming sword?
- Ceremonial Dagger
Sienna's most important tools are her Staves, and depending on which one she uses, she can combine her spells differently to achieve the most fiery and spectacular result. Each staff combines a heavier and lighter spell, allowing her a range of options and tactics in combat. Sienna needs to keep herself under control though, or risk immolating herself instead of her foes.
- Conflagration Staff - A staff which shoots fireballs and provides an AoE fire effect (called "Conflagration of Doom") which ignites all enemies caught within it. Holding the Charge attack button for longer increases its effect radius. Conflagration of Doom's damage does not penetrate armor, however, so the primary-attack fireballs may be a better bet against armored enemies.
- Fireball Staff - A staff which lobs fireballs and allows the Bright Wizard to draw out a large fireball and throw it, causing area damage and burning targets. Both attack types penetrate armor.
- Bolt Staff - This staff shoots fast, armor-piercing, but low-damage projectiles. The charged attack shoots a much bigger bolt that also deals headshot damage, being excellent for killing Special skaven at a distance.
- Beam Staff - A staff which, when fired normally, shoots like a shotgun on a small distance, but with a significant area of effect. For it's heavy attack ignites a continuous beam of fire. The Beam is very effective against armored enemies, while light attacks provide area of effect damage. Very good all rounded staff.
After firing a spell, the curved bar near the crosshair (and also the vertical bar beside the staff icon on the right side of the screen) will fill up, with more powerful spells filling the bar more. If the curved bar fills up to the end, Sienna will explode, which damages enemies around her but also kills her. As such, players should strive to keep her overheating in check. The bar decreases naturally over time, but the process can be greatly accelerated by holding the Reload key. If the curved bar is above the white markings on it (or if the vertical bar near the staff icon is completely filled up), cooling off with the Reload key will damage Sienna, but not when each bar is below the white marking/full, respectively. Thus, it's best to fire a few spells, cool off and repeat, in this way avoiding self-inflicted damage.
- Head Gear - Armour capable of protecting the head from massive damage.
- In nightmare and cataclysm difficulties, players should focus on melee combat and use ranged only in important situations or to help team mates (being dragged or pinned down by Assasin Rat,) for there is a high chance that you will make your team mates take fire damage as well.
|Heroes||• Witch Hunter • Waywatcher • Empire Soldier • Dwarf Ranger • Bright Wizard|