|This article is about Kerillian as she appears in Vermintide. For Kerillian in Vermintide 2, see Kerillian (Vermintide 2).|
The Waywatcher is a hero character in Vermintide.
Enigmatic and sharp-sighted, Kerillian is a Waywatcher who walks the lands of men, after having left her post as a guardian of the Wood Elves ancient home Athel Loren. The reasons why, she keeps to herself. Using her exceptional skills with a bow and blade to take down anyone perceived as a threat, she is as likely to kill you as she is to begrudgingly acknowledge your presence. Kerillian regards the human race as nothing more than clueless children, and treats them accordingly, most often drenching her answers to their naive questions in patronising sarcasm. Unfortunately for her, Wood Elves are rare in human lands, and even if many recoil in fear, she is regarded as a curiosity and approached more frequently than she would prefer by foolish humans attempting to interact.
Even for a Wood Elf, Kerillian’s sight was sharp, able to pick off a ladybird eating a leaf at a hundred paces if she chose to. But this gift, coupled with a natural curiosity also turned into a curse when she saw something that no mortal was meant to see. One autumnal night, when both moons rode high in the sky, Kerillian spotted a Spellsinger as he meandered under the boughs. The Elf mage was no trespasser and so there was no reason Kerillian should have kept track of him, and yet she did.
Her curiosity piqued. The Waywatcher followed the mage from above as he walked deeper into the forest… and put her on a path that would change her fate forever.
Waywatchers like to keep their distance while fighting, picking off enemies before they even realize they are in any danger. They are exceptionally skilled with a Bow, and often use different styles of arrows to efficiently take down their foes before they come within arms reach. If any of her enemies are lucky enough to avoid an Elven shaft between the eyes, Kerillian will swap to her Double Daggers and swiftly hack, stab and slash a path through them, leaving a trail of bloody corpses in her wake. Occasionally, Kerillian will opt for a more strength focused approach to her fighting, picking up one or even two Short Swords and taking down multiple foes in one mighty slice.
- Dual Elven Daggers - Fast, single-target damage.
- Sword - Slower than Kerillian's other weapons, but very powerful.
- Dual Swords - Increased range and power make the Dual Swords a lethal alternative. Strike many targets.
- Elven Dagger Sword Combo - Fast, but longer range and strikes many Skaven at once.
- Glaive - Vicious two-handed elven weapon, designed to slice through Skaven in one mighty swing.
- Swift Bow - Fires quickly and holds many arrows.
- Hagbane Swift Bow - A burst of poison which kills Skaven over time.
- Longbow - Bow with long draw time but heavy damage.
- Trueflight Longbow - Special enemy-seeking arrow.
- Head Gear - There are a variety of hats for Kerillian.
|Heroes||• Witch Hunter • Waywatcher • Empire Soldier • Dwarf Ranger • Bright Wizard|